Sunday, January 29, 2012

Waiting for Spring...

So the days are finally getting longer. It's about time. This Winter has been a real downer what with all of problems recently and my wife's health. It would be nice to just have a day to myself where I could take off for the coast and shoot some pictures and just relax. Hopefully this spring I will finally get such a day.

I have been getting orders again, which is wonderful and have been marketing some student grade cameras, which have been selling well. I decided to make these cameras because of the lack of decent options for people wanting to try wet plate on a budget. With the economy in the toilet, how realistic is it that someone is going to want a $800-$1000 camera for their first try at the hobby? So I designed and built a "student grade" camera. These sell for between $250-$400 (depending on size) and are wonderful, serviceable cameras for the beginner. Simple, easy to use and clean and cheap to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment